Creating and managing daycare can be a fulfilling learning experience. As a provider, you can also understand that it is not without its challenges. One challenge is your daycare’s competitive ability with a unique and engaging experience. To address this problem, we want to help you. This article will review some unique daycare ideas, including activities, marketing, and other ways to make your daycare stand out.
Examples Of Some Unique Day Care Activities
A quality daycare center has a menagerie of activities planned for their little ones. Parents look for providers who have a good amount of ideas for childhood development. A big part of this process is planning activities that focus on different milestones . Below are a few examples.
Unique Daycare Ideas For Babies
Suppose you happen to be one of those providers that handle our youngest ones; kudos to you. Including babies can be challenging. But as someone who is already part of this experience, you already understand this! With babies, it’s best to keep activities simple:
- Singing is a great way to soothe them and get them ready for a nap. If you have older kids, you can involve them by having a Daycare center-wide sing-a-long.
- Excercise might seem daunting, but you can include kids of all ages in a sit-ups challenge. You can turn it into a game where everyone participates, and it will work to grow their muscles in the process.
- Tinfoil painting involves kids painting on sheets of tin foil. In the end, the tin foil acts as a unique medium. Otherwise, you can choose to press it on a piece of paper. Kids of all ages will enjoy this unique project.
Unique Daycare Ideas For Toddlers
A child care environment that deals with toddlers have a bit more freedom in what to. With this in mind, an older daycare family has more opportunities to do fun and exciting activities.
- Splatter painting gives older kids a good way to express their creative side. Have them flick the brushes toward the canvas, creating active and creative projects. Be sure that they keep it outside!
- Toddlers can create a sensory bottle can with food coloring, oil, and water. The combination of the three creates a unique project that they will shake around and show off. You can use any old bottle to create this fun project.
- If you happen to know people in the town, smaller groups of older kids are more than happy to go on a field trip. In October, they can go to the pumpkin patch, a science museum, of a theater for kids. Stay in contact with other business owners so you can have some good ideas available.
Fill out the form to book your free demo with TUIO!
- Book a live demo with one of our friendly specialists
- Get answers to all your questions
- Streamline your billing, payment, admissions, fundraising and donation needs all in one platform!
Small Unique Daycare Ideas For Providers Who Don’t Have A Lot Of Space
If you have a small bit of space to use, trying to fit everything your kiddos need isn’t easy. In this case, it will be your goal to use as much space as possible. In this case, consider the following:
- Use shelving often, but be sure to nail it to the wall to avoid any curious toddlers who like to tip over things.
- Have wooden floors that are easy to clean, but cover them in play mats that encourage them to drive on the ground.
- Look up ideas on Pinterest boards to see what others have done with limited space.
- Have sections split off to make it feel like many rooms. This gives them an opportunity to play “shopping,” and other pretend games.
How To Keep Adults Engaged
The most challenging parts of day care management come from managing picky parents. Parents want the best for their kids. Managing five parents with seven different opinions on how to do things isn’t fun.
To keep the pickiest parent happy, invite parents for special activities. Show them how each of your activities comes from different growth milestones. Also, it will show parents how much fun their kids have.
In some cases, you may have to explain to them the limitations behind childcare centers. Many parents don’t understand this until you give them a good idea of your limitations. By being honest and open, you solve a lot of problems before they blow out of proportion.
Child Care Business Ideas
The most enjoyable part of running a daycare business is kids, you need to worry about the business.
Finding Unique Daycare Names
Naming your daycare is a recognition that this is a business. You can choose a couple of different naming methods. Still, the point is to find something that people will be able to remember. Here’s a couple of thoughts you should consider for your unique name.
- Many professionals in the field choose to put their last name, followed by “Family Day Care.”
- Parents may find it appealing to find daycares that emphasize advancement. Words like sprout, steps, and growth are pretty appealing.
- Some parents (kids) like adventure, so they like to see to trails, adventures, and castles. Parents often look for day cares that keep their kids active.
- You can also choose to look at a massive list of names by searching for them on Google, picking out what you want.
Create A Day Care Website
One way to advertise your Daycare business is through the creation of a website. It is a natural platform people can go to when looking up people in the local area. Other day care providers likely have a website. That means it will be your duty to compete and explain why you are the best center when compared to others. This allows them to answer questions without bugging you on the details.
Have A Facebook Presence
Many small business owners need to have Facebook, Twitter, and other social media. More trendy social media platforms may not be necessary in some cases. Still, Facebook is a family-oriented platform that people use to stay connected. This makes it a must have for day care centers. Also, it will make your business much more approachable.
Create A Logo
Many daycares believe they can get by on the merits of their charisma will the locals. While that is a great skill, not having a recognizable logo is a missed branding opportunity.
Even the smallest groups starting miss this opportunity to have brand recognition. While some might think it needless, your unique logo allows be recognizable. This means you can reach clients who may not have considered you otherwise.
Being a daycare provider providing quality childcare to their neighborhood can be difficult. But as someone who is already part of this life, you are in an admirable position to mold young minds of the future. For that, we thank you.
We hope that with many of the ideas presented here, you can get a good idea of how to keep your daycare growing. Research helps when it comes to finding the best work. Activities focused on milestones are the key to keeping kids of all ages engaged.